GOVERNANCE PROGRESS & SUPPORT (GPS) SYSTEM™
For clients that have adopted Policy Governance®.
Charney Associates’ Governance Progress and Support (GPS) System™ enables boards to have a combination of valuable on-site and year-round support/“coaching” services to help build and maintain boardroom excellence.
GPS packages typically include a combination of the following on-site and remote services:
- ON-SITE SERVICES
- Board retreat planning and facilitation
- Board meeting observation and counsel
- Ownership linkage plan development
- Assistance to management on Ends Action Plan development
- New board member orientation
- Advanced board training (wide variety of customized topics are available)
- Customized services specific to your Board and your process
- REMOTE SERVICES
- Agenda planning
- Annual work plan development
- Monitoring report drafting assistance to the Manager
- Monitoring report review assistance to Chair/board members
- Policy development/preparation
- Availability to assist Board committees in structure and function
- Availability to answer questions (phone or e-mail) from board members
In addition to having Bill Charney and/or Jim Hyatt available as a "governance coach” available throughout the year for a combination of on-site and remote support, GPS clients receive additional benefits:
GPS agreements are available in one- or two-year increments, and are customized to meet client needs. GPS clients typically execute agreements including 1-2 days of on-site consultation, and, depending on need, from 12-30 hours per year of remote services.
- Further discounts if additional time, beyond that provided in the contract, is requested.
- Remote service time “on-account” with no minimum monthly usage.
- Unused remote service time, if any at end of Agreement interval, automatically “rolls-over” for future use.
- GPS clients receive priority response/scheduling when requesting assistance and/or on-site date availability.